Monday 10 February 2014

Quilt As You Go

Hi All, just wanted to give you a final picture of the Quilt As You Go pillow I made following our last Maritime Modern Quilt Guild meeting. As you may recall me saying, we had a little tutorial during the meeting so I decided to give it a shot when I got home. I think it was fun but probably next time, I would use a more limited color palette and possibly make all of the strips the same size. There's just something about balance that I need in quilts. It was really nice doing a quick project for once as my quilts tend to be quite time-consuming. I should have a pixel quilt to show you soon but until then, here is my QAYG pillow. I showed it to my husband who told me he didn't like it because it looked like I just used scraps. "Uh, I did use scraps...just pretend you like it."



5 comments:

  1. Awesome pillow! Love it. Hope you bring it to show tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Odd that a husband wouldn't encourage the using up of scraps! It's lovely, but the again, we all know I'm a sucker for Konas and straight line quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved seeing it in person tonight. I haven't been brave enough to try QAYG yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great to see this little number in person. Awesome colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I'd love to see a post on how you make something like this. I've only ever made baby quilts, so I'm an amateur quilter for sure. Your projects are always incredible!

    ReplyDelete