Friday 10 June 2016

Spidey Sense for Asher

Welcome to the world, Asher! Don't let your dad steal your quilt!

I started working on this quilt at the beginning of April at our 1st Annual Maritime Modern Quilt Guild retreat. It was great to just sit and plow through a bunch of pixels. So, although it's been finished for a bit, I had to wait until it was delivered before I could blog about it (and then I procrastinated for a bit too).


I really love how the colors work. That blue is beautiful.

Asher's dad is a big Spiderman fan so it's possible that he'll steal this until Asher grows into it. I generally don't like making baby-sized quilts because there's only so long that they'll be able to use it. This one is more like lap sized although to be honest, I didn't measure it.


I did a bit of a spiky free motion quilt all over it using black thread. The texture when it came out of the dryer was amazing.
For the back, I used a blue plaid flannel. I really wanted to use a Spiderman print but the pricing was a little nuts.

Next up: something not pixelated! Actually, I have started working on two non-pixel quilts. *Gasp*

2 comments:

  1. It's a great quilt! A non-pixelated quilt???? Can't wait to see what you're working on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I'll likely never make one, I love your pixel quilts, Aimee. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with the guild this week.

    ReplyDelete